Presentation given by Professor Dr Erol Hepsaydir, Head of RAN Strategy, 3 UK at the LTE World Summit, Amsterdam, on June 24, 2015
Key topics discussed in the presentation:
* data usage on the 3 UK network
* what customers are doing
* gap between peak and average user throughput trends
* meeting capacity needs
* distinguishing RAN features which need device support, and those that do not showing the capacity gains with each
* MIMI, CoMP, ICIC, CoMP/JT, CoMP/DPS
* eMBMS LTE Broadcast
* small cells, eICIC
* cell range extension
* small cell dual connectivity
This document is made available here on the GSA website with the permission of the author.
The LTE World Summit is organised by Informa Telecoms & Media.
Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of GSA. The content is provided for informational purposes only.
AI-native Communications System Design – Qualcomm presentation Artificial intelligence (AI) has become an ever-present topic in recent news, captivating headlines…
Global-5G-Spectrum Update July 2023 Spectrum is the backbone that carries all voice and data in wireless communications. It is a…
5G connected intelligent edge How 5G is enabling resilient communication for the connected intelligent edge Delivering end to end 5G…