Presentation given by Professor Dr Erol Hepsaydir, Head of RAN Strategy, 3 UK at the LTE World Summit, Amsterdam, on June 24, 2015
Key topics discussed in the presentation:
* data usage on the 3 UK network
* what customers are doing
* gap between peak and average user throughput trends
* meeting capacity needs
* distinguishing RAN features which need device support, and those that do not showing the capacity gains with each
* MIMI, CoMP, ICIC, CoMP/JT, CoMP/DPS
* eMBMS LTE Broadcast
* small cells, eICIC
* cell range extension
* small cell dual connectivity
This document is made available here on the GSA website with the permission of the author.
The LTE World Summit is organised by Informa Telecoms & Media.
Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of GSA. The content is provided for informational purposes only.