5G Market Snapshot – October 2019
5G Market Snapshot as of October 2019.
The 5G Market is rising fast with 321 operators investing in 3GPP-compliant 5G networks, 46 of which have launched services.
GSA’s data shows:
- 321 operators in 103 countries are investing in 5G (in the form or tests/trials, acquisition of licences, deployment of networks and launch of services).
- 62 operators have deployed 3GPP compliant 5G technology in their networks.
- Of which…
- 46 have launched a 3GPP-compliant 5G service
- 34 operators have launched 3GPP-compliant 5G mobile services (32 full launches, 2 limited availability launches).
- 27 operators have launched 3GPP-compliant 5G FWA or home broadband services (17 full launches, 10 limited availability launches).
5G investment worldwide, according to status of most advanced operator investments
Commercial launches: Americas: 5, Asia-Pacific: 7, Europe: 20, Middle East and Africa: 14