February 17, 2016
The Ericsson Mobility Report is one of the leading analyses of mobile network data traffic. It provides in-depth measurements from the world’s largest selection of live networks spread all around the globe, with analysis based on these measurements, internal forecasts and other relevant studies. The report provides insights into the current mobile network data traffic and market trends, applicable to both consumers and enterprises.
The Mobile World Congress 2016 edition of the Ericsson Mobility Report reveals the impact of different levels of network performance on smartphone users and their perceptions of mobile operators and digital content providers.
Other highlights from the Report include:
* Social networking is second only to video for driving mobile traffic growth. Over the next six years total social networking traffic will be around 12 times that of the previous six years
* 68 million mobile subscriptions added in Q4 2015, India added the most (21 million), followed by China (6 million), the US (5 million), Myanmar (5 million) and Nigeria (3 million)
* Total number of mobile subscriptions in Q4 2015 reached 100 percent penetration at around 7.3 billion – the same number of mobile subscriptions as people in the world
* Global mobile data traffic grew 65 percent between Q4 2014 and Q4 2015
* There are now one billion LTE subscriptions worldwide, with approximately 160 million additions in Q4 2015
© Ericsson AB 2016
This document is made available here on the GSA website with the permission of the author.
Ericsson is an Executive Member of GSA.
No papers found.