This report is the latest update in a series of studies published by GSA tracking the development of mobile technology markets worldwide. Previous editions of the reports were entitled “Evolution to LTE”. However, in recognition of the fact that many operators are now deploying enhancements to their LTE networks and working towards the future deployment of 5G networks, we have adjusted the title to reflect their new focus.
· 774 operators investing in LTE in 202 countries
· 591 commercially launched LTE or LTE-Advanced networks in 189 countries, including 97 LTE-TDD (TD-LTE) launched in 56 countries
· 106 commercial VoLTE networks in 55 countries, and 167 operators investing in VoLTE in 74 countries
· 195 launched networks are LTE-Advanced or LTE-Advanced Pro, in 95 countries
· GSA forecasts c. 646 commercially launched LTE networks by end-2017
· 4 NB-IoT and 2 LTE-M networks are commercially launched, with 40 NB-IoT and 12 LTE-M networks planned or being trialled
· At least 18 operators have now made public commitments to deployment of pre-standards ‘5G’ networks in 13 countries.
Errors and Omissions Excepted
Private-Mobile-Networks September 2023 Members Demand for private mobile networks based on 4G LTE, and increasingly 5G technologies, is being driven…
Private-Mobile-Networks September 2023 Summary Demand for private mobile networks based on 4G LTE, and increasingly 5G technologies, is being driven…
Fixed-Wireless-Access Survey 2023 The purpose of the GSA 4G–5G FWA Forum is to educate the industry about the fixed wireless…