Gigabit LTE Networks – Analysis of Deployments Worldwide
The latest update to Gigabit LTE deployments worldwide.
- 295 operators in 125 countries are investing in at least one of the three key Gigabit LTE component technologies.
- 93 operators in 55 countries are investing in all three key Gigabit LTE component technologies.
- 44 operators in 31 countries have deployed all three technologies.
- 16 have announced Gigabit (or very near at 979 Mbps) speeds in their deployed/commercial networks (13 of them using all three component technologies).
- Four operators have pockets of network capable of delivering the maximum DL speeds supported by Cat-18 devices (i.e. peak theoretical throughput of up to 1.2 Gbps).
We expect many other networks to achieve Gigabit speeds very soon, as they implement new Carrier Aggregation combinations, or re-farm or acquire new spectrum resources to aggregate their spectrum.
Information can be used providing GSA is credited as the source.