Gigabit LTE Networks: Analysis of Deployments Worldwide
Drawing on information collected by GSA about operator deployments of LTE-Advanced features for its comprehensive database on operator networks, technologies and spectrum (NTS), this report identifies operators investing at a technology level in Gigabit LTE (defined as carrier aggregation plus 4×4 MIMO (or above ) plus 256QAM DL).
- 301 operators in 128 countries are investing in at least one of the three key component technologies.
- 95 operators in 56 countries are investing in all three key component technologies.
- 47 operators in 32 countries have deployed all three technologies.
- 22 have announced Gigabit (or very near at 979 Mbps) peak theoretical throughput in the downlink in their deployed/commercial networks.
- Nearly 10% of all launched LTE-Advanced networks can support UE
Cat-16 peak theoretical DL speeds or above.
- Four operators have pockets of network capable of delivering the maximum DL speeds supported by Cat-18 devices (i.e. peak theoretical throughput of up to 1.2 Gbps).
Expect many other networks to achieve Gigabit speeds very soon, as they refarm or acquire new spectrum resources, invest in higher orders of MIMO technology and implement new carrier aggregation combinations.
Content can be used providing GSA is referenced as the source.