LTE 5G and 3GPP IoT Chipsets – Snapshot: December 2019
LTE 5G IoT Chipsets report
GSA’s database covers discrete cellular LTE and 5G modem SoCs, mobile processors and device platforms*, and chipsets devices using 3GPP-defined IoT technologies. There are:
- 4 commercial 5G modem chipsets and 3 commercial processor/platforms.
- 24 discrete cellular modem chipsets supporting LTE.
- 143 mobile platforms or processors supporting LTE.
- 32 modem or platform chipsets supporting 3GPP IoT technologies.
Recent 5G market developments include:
- New 5G chipsets launched by Qualcomm (Snapdragon 855+) and Huawei Kirin 990 SoC.
- New chipsets announced by Mediatek (Dimensity 1000 SoC), expected Q1 2020, and by Samsung (S8600 and S9100 modems). Snapdragon 6, 7 and 8-Series 5G chipsets announced by Qualcomm.
- Intel smartphone modem business sold to Apple.