LTE-5G Market Statistics –March 2019 Update
LTE-5G Market Statistics – Networks Technology Spectrum database update:
204 operators investing in 5G mobile or 5G fixed wireless broadband networks
New: 5G network coverage and commercial 5G service status data added for the first time
- There are 717 operators with commercially launched LTE networks (broadband fixed wireless access and or mobile). More than a hundred other companies have licences suitable for LTE services, are deploying LTE, or are planning LTE networks; or are evaluating, testing or trialling LTE.
- 211 operators hold licences to use spectrum for TDD services, 146 of which have launched services.
- 288 operators have launched LTE-Advanced or LTE-Advanced Pro technologies in their commercial networks. 166operators are known to be investing in one or more LTE-Advanced Pro technologies
- 204 operators in 85countries are investing in 5G networks in the form of tests, trials, pilots, planned and actual deployments.
- By the time of the database update in early March 36operators had announced that they had deployed either non-3GPP-compliant or 3GPP-compliant 5G technology in their networks. Of those, twelve had announced the launch of limited availability 5G mobile or 5G FWA services and five had announced the launch of 5G testbeds/ incubators.
- 4×4 MIMO – 133 operators identified as investing, of which 72 have deployed/launched the technology within their commercial networks.
- 8T8R MIMO and Massive MIMO – 52 operators identified as investing in these technologies.
- 256 QAM in the DL – 108 operators identified as investing, of which 61 have deployed/launched the technology within their commercial networks.
- 31 operators investing in LAA(6 with launched networks); 11 operators investing in LTE-U(3 with deployed/launched networks);
- 3 operators investing in LWA (one launch so far). 11 operators (all in the US) are investing in CBRS.
- 254 operators investing in VoLTE, with 184 launched networks.
- 23 operators investing in Enhanced Voice Services (EVS), including 20 launches.
- 5 launched/deployed eMBMSservices.
- 135 operators investing in NB-IoTwith 82 deployed/launched networks.
- 59 operators investing in LTE-Mwith 31 deployed/launched networks.
The LTE-5G Market Statistics are derived from the NTS database that is part of the GSA AMBoD service and is updated on a regular basis. GSA reports are derived from the GAMBoD database which is a unique industry resource for GSA Members and Associates.
Content can be used provided GSA is referenced as the source.