Evolution from LTE to 5G – November 2018 Update
LTE to 5G – Key market facts
- 869 operators investing in LTE, including pre-commitment trials.
- 715 commercially launched LTE networks in 208 countries, including those using LTE for mobile and / or FWA services, offered by 694 unique operators operating one or both services
- 185 operators with TDD licences and at least 121 operators with launched LTE-TDD networks.
- 176 commercial VoLTE networks in 86 countries and 240 operators investing in VoLTE in 111 countries.
- 270 launched LTE-Advanced networks in 122 countries; 310 operators are investing in LTE-Advanced technology in 130 countries.
- Four launched networks that support user equipment (UE) at Cat-18 DL speeds (within limited geographic areas): 3HK, China UNicom, Swisscom and Turkcell.
- 760–780 anticipated commercially launched LTE networks by end-2019 (GSA forecast).
- 123 operators are investing in NB-IoT in 61 countries; of these, 65 NB-IoT networks deployed/launched. 50 operators are investing in LTE-M/Cat-M1 in 29 countries; of these, 22 LTE-M/Cat-M1 networks are deployed/commercially launched.
- 182 operators in 78 countries have launched with limited availability, launched (non-3GPP), deployed, demonstrated, are testing or trialling, or have been licensed to conduct field trials of 5G mobile or FWA 5G.
Content can be used providing GSA is referenced as the source.