LTE - LTE FDD Frequency Bands Worldwide – November 2019
LTE FDD Frequency Bands Worldwide – November 2019
LTE FDD Frequency Bands
- There are 909 operators actively investing in LTE, and 787 operators running LTE networks in 229 countries worldwide.
- These companies have been awarded spectrum in around 30 LTE spectrum bands identified by GSA.
- The FDD spectrum bands allocated/awarded to the highest numbers* of operators are:
- 1800 MHz (Band 3) – widely licensed outside North America, with 413 licensees globally.
- 2.6 GHz (FDD Band 7) – licensed in many regions of the world, to 232 companies.
- 800 MHz (Band 20), widely licensed in EMEA. Band 20 licences are held by 223companies.
- Spectrum at 2100 MHz and 700 MHz has also been widely allocated to LTE operators.