LTE in Unlicensed and Shared Spectrum
LTE Unlicensed – Trials, Deployments and Devices.
Key data points in this report.
- Six LAA network launches in five countries, 22 trials or deployments in 17 countries
- Three LTE-U networks deployed/launched in three countries; eight others are investing in the technology in the form of trials, pilots or deployments in seven countries
- One LWA network launched in Taiwan, with two other operators investing in the technology through trials in South Korea and Taiwan
- One eLAA trial in South Korea
- Ten operators investing in CBRS networks in the USA
- Twenty-two commercially available chipsets supporting unlicensed access
- One hundred devices supporting LTE in unlicensed spectrum technology.
Content can be used providing GSA is referenced as the source