Progress to Gigabit LTE Networks – May Update
Drawing on information collected by GSA about operator deployments of LTE-Advanced features for its comprehensive database on operator Networks, Technologies and Spectrum (NTS), this report identifies operators investing at a technology level in Gigabit LTE (defined as carrier aggregation plus 4×4 MIMO plus 256QAM DL).
- 295 operators in 125 countries are investing in at least one of the three key Gigabit LTE component technologies.
- 87 operators in 52 countries are investing in all three key Gigabit LTE component technologies.
- 41 operators in 30 countries have deployed all three technologies.
- 16 have announced Gigabit (or very near at 979 Mbps) speeds in their deployed/commercial networks (12 of them using all three component technologies).
- Four operators have pockets of network capable of delivering the maximum DL speeds supported by Cat-18 devices (i.e. peak theoretical throughput of up to 1.2 Gbps).
Images may be used providing GSA is identified as the source.