The Evolution to NB-IoT and LTE-M
This is the August 2017 update to the Evolution to Narrow Band IoT report which also includes the progress and commercial roll out of LTE-M (Cat-M1).
Key facts from the report.
- 8 operators have commercially launched NB-IoT networks
- 3 operators have commercially launched LTE Cat-M1 networks
- 14 planned new networks using Cat-M1 or NB-IoT
- 11 trials of NB-IoT technology since February 2017
- 3 trials of Cat-M1 technology since February 2017
- 14 modules released supporting only NB-IoT
- 20 modules released supporting only Cat-M1
- 16 modules released supporting both Cat-M1 and NB-IoT.
©Copyright 2017 – Global mobile Suppliers Association.
Figures, tables and maps can be copied provided GSA is identified as the source.