Networks, Technology & Spectrum Database update – January 2019
The Networks, Technologies & Spectrum (NTS) database can be searched by Mobile Broadband technology, feature, UE category, downlink speed, spectrum bands used and can be segmented by region. Results are presented as a list or in charts. Charts may be inserted into documents or presentations, subject to accreditation of GSA as the source.
GAMBoD is a resource dedicated to promoting the success and growth of the MBB industry and ecosystem and is fully available to all employees of GSA Executive and Ordinary Member companies and GSA Associates who subscribe to the service.
- There are 716 operators with commercially launched LTE networks (broadband fixed wireless access and or mobile). More than a hundred other companies have licences suitable for LTE services, are deploying LTE, or are planning LTE networks; and dozens of others have been evaluating, testing or trialling LTE.
- 209 operators hold licences to use spectrum for TDD services, 145of which have launched services. These numbers have fallen slightly since the last report to reflect new information about company mergers and licence revocations.
- 328 operators investing in LTE-Advanced or LTE-Advanced Pro technologies, of which 284 have launched them in their commercial networks. 161 operators are known to be investing in one or more LTE-Advanced Pro technologies
- 201 operators in 83 countries investing in 5G mobile and 5G FWA networks in the form of tests, trials, planned and pilot deployments, and launches.
- By the time of the database update 18o operators had announced pre-commercial deployments or limited availability launches of non-3GPP-compliant or 3GPP compliant launches of 5G or 5G FWA services.
Content can be used providing GSA is referenced as the source.