SIGNALS FLASH: LTE Voice Summit
19th November 2015
GSA Member discount for this full report 20% – non GSA Member discount 10%. Please request a GSA discount code from firstname.lastname@example.org
In late September Signals Research attended Informa’s LTE Voice Summit in London. The two day event brought together operators primarily from Europe and Asia. Like last year, it was a great event with lots of information shared.
– The Long and Winding Road. Thanks to a host of issues, VoLTE remains a relatively niche service with approximately 6% of all LTE networks currently supporting it.
– All You Need is VoWi-Fi. The lovefest for VoWi-Fi continues with more than a few operators even placing a priority on VoWi-Fi over VoLTE.
– Hello [RCS], Goodbye [RCS]. Although the industry has been slow to embrace RCS, operators haven’t given up on it. Changes to the ecosystem are also in the works which will help accelerate its adoption.
– We Can Work It Out. VoLTE remains challenging, but VoLTE roaming remains even more daunting with operators divided regarding which VoLTE roaming network architecture should be used.
– Tell Me What You See. Unlike IR.92 VoLTE, there are not any obvious advantages associated with IR.94 video telephony compared with its OTT video chat counterparts. We highlight the presentation that we gave at the event.
– Got to Get You into My Life. Just when we thought we could hang up our drive testing hat, along comes Cat 12/Cat 13 functionality.
Signals Research Group is a GSA Content Partner and specializes in comprehensive data-driven coverage of the global wireless telecommunications sector. This report can be freely shared and distributed.
If you purchase any report from SRG please use the Code GSA-SRG.
© Signals Research Group
No papers found.