5G Devices Ecosystem – August 2019 Update
5G Devices Ecosystem – August Update – Key facts
The GSA Research team have identified 100 announced 5G devices in total, excluding regional variants and prototypes not expected to be commercialised. This is a major milestone for the 5G Device Ecosystem.
In the first half of 2019, the number of announced 5G devices grew rapidly, starting with a few announcements and then gathering pace as operators in various parts of the world launched their first commercial 5G services. We can expect the device ecosystem to continue to grow quickly and GSA will be tracking and reporting regularly on 5G device launch announcements. Its GAMBoD database will contain key details about device form factors, features and support for spectrum bands. Summary statistics are released in this regular publication. By the first week of August, GSA had identified:
- Thirteen announced form factors (phones, hotspots, indoor CPE, outdoor CPE, laptops, modules, snap-on dongles/adapters, enterprise routers, IoT routers, drones, a switch, a USB terminal and robot).
- Forty-one vendors that had announced available or forthcoming 5G devices, including sub-brands separately (plus four in partnership with Sunsea).
- One hundred announced devices, up from 90 at the end of June (excluding regional variants, re-badged devices, phones that can be upgraded using a separate adapter, and prototypes not expected to be commercialised):
- 26 phones (plus regional variants); at least nine of which are now commercially available
- eight hotspots (plus regional variants); at least three of which are now commercially available
- 26 CPE devices (indoor and outdoor, including two Verizon-spec compliant devices) at least eight of which are now believed to be commercially available
- 28 modules
- two snap-on dongles/adapters
- two routers,
- two IoT routers
- two drones
- one laptop
- one switch
- one USB terminal
- one robot.
If you know of more devices please email email@example.com
More info on 5G Devices Ecosystem – August Update at https://gsacom.com