Networks Technology Spectrum database update Nov 2019
330 operators investing in 5G networks – 51 operators with commercially launched 3GPP-compliant 5G services
As of mid-November 2019 GSA’s NTS database showed:
- There are 787 operators with commercially launched LTE networks (offering broadband fixed wireless access and or mobile services).
- 236 operators hold licences to use spectrum for TD-LTE services, 167 of which are known to be actively using the spectrum (either deploying networks or have launched services).
- 359 operators investing in either LTE-Advanced or LTE-Advanced Pro technologies. Of those, 321 operators have deployed/launched LTE-Advanced or LTE-Advanced Pro technologies in their commercial networks. 197 operators are investing in one or more LTE-Advanced Pro technologies.
- 330 operators in 110 countries are investing in 5G networks in the form of tests, trials, pilots, planned and actual deployments.
- 73 operators have announced that they have deployed 3GPP-compliant 5G technology in their networks.
- With multiple announcements of 5G launches in recent weeks, GSA now counts 51 operators in 27 countries that have launched one or more 3GPP-compliant commercial 5G services (some with smart phones; some with 5G routers; some offering services widely; some with limited geographic, device or and customer availability).
- Including 40 5G mobile services (including 2 limited availability launches) and 29 5G FWA or home broadband services (10 limited availability).