Evolution from LTE to 5G – July 2017 Update
GSA’s Evolution from LTE to 5G reports provides an independent in-depth status view and analysis of the global 4G/LTE, LTE-Advanced, LTE-Advanced Pro and 5G markets, supported by facts, and confirms the trends. Information is obtained, analysed and verified by GSA. This report is quarterly and referenced by industry across the whole ecosystem.
Key market facts:
By the end of June 2017 GSA reports there were:
- 782 operators investing in LTE in 200 countries
- 601 commercially launched LTE or LTE-Advanced networks in 192 countries, including 98 LTE-TDD (TD-LTE) launched in 56 countries
- 109 commercial VoLTE networks in 57 countries, and 170 operators investing in VoLTE in 75 countries
- 197 launched networks are LTE-Advanced, in 96 countries
- GSA forecasts c. 652 commercially launched LTE networks by end-2017
- 6 NB-IoT and 2 LTE-M/Cat-M1 networks are commercially launched, with 55 NB-IoT and 16 LTE-M/Cat-M1 networks planned or being trialled
- 22 operators, at least, have now made public commitments to deployment of pre-standards ‘5G’ or standards-based 5G networks in 16 countries.
©2017 Global mobile Suppliers Association