Evolution to NB-IoT Report: GSA
GSA has updated the June 2016 Evolution to Narrow Band IoT report identifying new operator commitments, new devices, chips and modules, as well as trials and commercial deployments of IoT use cases.
- 19 operators are committed to deploying NB-IoT in 2017
- GSA is tracking 16 3GPP IoT compliant device suppliers
- 18 vendors are delivering or planning to deliver chipsets or modules compliant to 3GPP Release 13
- GSA predicts there will be 25 commercial NB-IoT networks by the end of 2017
- US is focusing on LTE-IoT Cat-M1 and will then deploy NB-IoT
- Europe and Asia are mainly concentrating on early deployments of NB-IoT in 2017.
©2017 Global mobile Suppliers Association
Errors and Omissions Excepted