Gigabit LTE: Global Status – December 2019
Gigabit LTE Global Status – December update.
- GSA has identified 110 operators in 66 countries or territories investing in all the three core LTE-Advanced features for Gigabit LTE (defined as Carrier Aggregation, 4×4 MIMO or higher, and 256QAM modulation in the downlink).
- 62 operators are known to have deployed all three of these technologies and / or launched commercial services based on them.
- 321 operators in 136 countries are investing in at least one of the key technologies.
- Gigabit LTE does not always equal Gigabit speed. Some networks capable of delivering 1 Gbps downstream do so without using all three key LTE-Advanced features; some networks using all three features do not achieve 1 Gbps.
The fastest commercial LTE networks* in the GSA database are:
- Megafon: 1.6 Gbps; KDDI, SK Telecom, Swisscom, Telus, Turkcell: 1.2 Gbps; KT: 1.167 Gbps (achieved using MPTCP to combine LTE with 3CA and WiFi); China Unicom: 1.156 Gbps; Bell Mobility: 1.15 Gbps; 3 Hong Kong, Singtel: 1.1 Gbps
* in terms of declared maximum peak theoretical DL throughput