This is the latest report by GSA on HSPA and HSPA+ operator commitments, network deployments, commercial service launches, and trends including evolution, incorporating our research up to April 27, 2015.
The report lists all HSPA and HSPA+ network commitments, deployments and launches worldwide according to GSA research.
HSPA and HSPA+ Networks – Key Facts:
* 600 HSPA operator network commitments in 217 countries/territories
* 582 commercially launched networks in 216 countries
* ALL of the world’s WCDMA operators have commercially launched HSPA service
* Over 69% of HSPA operators have commercially launched HSPA+ systems
* 404 HSPA+ networks are commercially launched in 168 countries
* 182 DC-HSPA+ networks i.e. over 31% of all HSPA networks are commercially launched in 92 countries
* One 63 Mbps 3C-HSPA+ network has commercially launched (in Turkey)
* Most 3G/HSPA systems use 2.1 GHz spectrum (3GPP band 1). However UMTS900 is also mainstream: 96 operators in 60 countries commercially launched UMTS900 in either a single band or multiband network deployment
There were over 1.83 billion WCMDA-HSPA subscriptions globally by Q4 2014. Total 3G connections globally are expected to exceed LTE up until 2020. Growing voice traffic relies on 3G as VoLTE solutions are still maturing. More than 80% of operators continue 3G investments. Top feature upgrades are DC-HSPA+ (downlink and uplink) smartphone features (CPC & E-FACH). 3C-HSPA+ (63 Mbps) deployments have begun.
This survey was undertaken by the Global mobile Suppliers Association (GSA), leveraging direct information exchanges between GSA and mobile network operators and between GSA and infrastructure vendors to verify the facts as accurately as possible, together with analysis of public announcements. Errors and omissions excepted.
HSPA and HSPA+ related charts and maps are available and may be downloaded and used, with accreditation to GSA as the source.
No papers found.