Operators worldwide are investing in LTE-Advanced systems and peak speeds are increasing.
GSA’s Evolution to LTE report published on 21 July 2015 confirmed that 131 operators i.e. over 30% of LTE operators, have launched, or are deploying or are trialling LTE-Advanced technologies in 60 countries. This figure includes 97 operators that have commercially launched LTE-Advanced carrier aggregation in 48 countries.
This paper from GSA summarises the theoretical peak downlink speed for each of the commercially launched LTE-Advanced networks worldwide, according to research by GSA.
Data is provided on networks deployments capable of supporting user devices that are Category 4 , Category 6, or Category 9 and beyond.
Over 30% of LTE operators are investing in LTE-Advanced system deployments. Over 20% of all LTE operators have commercially launched LTE-Advanced service.
* 97 commercially launched LTE-Advanced CA systems in 48 countries
* 14 support Category 4 devices
* 78 support Category 6 devices of which 37 support the maximum peak speed i.e. downlink 300 Mbps
* 22 additional Category 6 systems are in deployment, trial, or test phase
* 25 Category 9 and beyond systems are in deployment, trial, or test phase
© GSA – Global mobile Suppliers Association
No papers found.