LTE-to-5G August 2022 Update
According to GSA’s NTS database, as of end of June 2022 there were:
• 977 operators in 244 countries and territories that have stated plans to invest or are actively investing in LTE for public networks, including those evaluating, testing and trialling LTE and those paying for suitable spectrum licences. This excludes those using spectrum licences exclusively for 2G or 3G services
• 760 operators running LTE networks providing mobile and/or fixed wireless access services in more than 210 countries and territories worldwide
• 287 operators investing in VoLTE in 131 countries and territories, of which 233# have launched commercial VoLTE networks in 111 countries and territories
• 336 launched LTE-Advanced networks in 146 countries and territories. Overall, 369 operators are investing in LTE-Advanced technology in 159 countries and territories
• 13 launched networks that support user equipment at Cat-18 downlink speeds in limited geographic areas, five of these supporting Cat-19 in a limited area, and one of those supporting Cat-20 in selected locations
• More than 300 operators deploying or operating TDD-based LTE or 5G networks, in sub-6 GHz spectrum
• 496 operators in 150 countries and territories investing in 5G mobile or 5G fixed wireless access or home broadband networks
• 218 operators in 87 countries and territories that have announced 3GPP-compatible 5G service launches, either mobile or fixed wireless access
• 108 operators in 52 countries investing in 5G standalone for public networks in the form of trials, plans, paying for licences, deploying, or operating networks
LTE-to-5G August 2022 Update
WeChat: GSA Express
© GSA 2022
Mobile industry research is the backbone of GSA activity and covers topics from devices, chipsets and technology, to networks, features and spectrum.
The GSA research team is constantly following market dynamics and activity to ensure the latest data is available to GSA users via the GSA website.
Data is updated monthly and quarterly and can be referenced by users who register for free on the GSA website and download multiple reports, charts and videos of webinars. GSA welcomes any contributions on industry data from mobile operators, vendors and suppliers what want to ensure accurate industry data is shared globally.
GSA GAMBoD Database
GSA reports are based on extensive data contained in the GSA GAMBoD databases, which is a resource available to GSA members and associates. Companies and policy makers can subscribe, as a GSA associate, to gain access to GSA databases and member reports for additional insights into the source data behind reports, which can be used for their own research purposes.
Discounted annual subscription are available to regulators, government agencies and licensed mobile operators.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5G-Ecosystem December 2023 Member Report Between October and November 2023, the number of announced 5G devices picked up 4% to…
5G-Ecosystem December 2023 Summary Between October and November 2023, the number of announced 5G devices picked up 4% to 2,277…
Private-Mobile-Networks November 2023 Summary To November 2023, GSA has gathered information about 1,279 organisations known to be deploying LTE or…