NB-IoT and LTE-M – Global Market Report
There has been substantial progress in NB-IoT and IoT generally since the last GSA report on this growing market sector.
- 116 operators are actively investing in NB-IoT technology of which …
- 59 have deployed/commercially launched networks
- 32 are planning and/or deploying networks
- 25 are trialling the technology.
- 47 operators are actively investing in LTE-M technology of which …
- 19 have deployed/commercially launched LTE-M networks
- 12 are planning and/or deploying LTE-M networks
- 16 are trialling LTE-M technology.
- In terms of IoT equipment, GSA has identified:
- 63 modules released supporting Cat-NB1 but not Cat-M1 (including known variants)
- 48 modules released supporting Cat-M1 but not Cat-NB1 (including known variants)
- 43 modules released supporting both Cat-NB1 and Cat-M1 (including known variants).
Content can be used providing GSA is referenced as the source.