Networks, Technologies & Spectrum Database update for July 2018
GSA’s NTS database shows:
Continued steady increase in the number of LTE operators investing* worldwide from 858 at the end of March 2018 to 864 by the end of June 2018, of which:
- 678* have launched services
- 113* have launched TDD-based services
- 303 operators investing in LTE-Advanced, of which 254 have launched networks (up from 246 at the end of May 2018). 141 operators investing in LTE-Advanced Pro (up from 131 at the end of May 2018)
- 163 operators investing in 5G networks (in the form of tests, trials, planned and pilot deployments, and launches) at the end of June 2018, up from 134 at the end of March.
- Seven operators have announced deployments/very limited availability launches of 5G services
- The database now also tracks 5G FWA versus 5G mobile investments. 16 operators have so far been identified as investing in FWA 5G.
Updated to v2 on 19th July due to correction of number of operators investing in 5G.
Content can be used provided GSA is referenced as the source.